Sunday 5 April 2009

Finish line in sight

In only five and a half weeks the time, effort and sacrifice of those around me and myself will reach its climax with my final exams. It has been a varied journey, sometimes rocky, other times smooth but overall a positive one, encouraged by the enjoyment I get from being in the classroom.

Once my final teaching practice finished in February I have been acting as a substitute (relief) teacher in a variety of schools in the area. It has been interesting to teach in straight class and multiclass situations, at both senior and junior ends of the school. I certainly think I prefer the senior classes but am certainly more open to the multiclass idea than I was in the past. Smaller schools, though, don't have the same social interaction among teachers and that is something I think I'd miss.

Two essays, one more day of training and three exams separate me from being qualified - roll on mid-May!

No comments: