Tuesday 15 May 2007

Christian Teaching on Anger & Honesty

Our teaching last night was on anger and honesty - two tough areas in my life right now.

1. If I don't deal with my anger it will a) eat me up and b) cause me to sin. Dealing with anger means praying for the person who angers you, blessing them and forgiving them from the heart. A good place to start is to list all those whom I have ever been angry with or who has ever been angry with me. Those closest to us are often the ones who suffer most.

2. Falsehood is not Christian - I must speak the truth in love at all times. We studied part of the last chapter of the Book of Revelation which brought it home to us.

We spent time in prayer trying to bring to mind any areas of anger that we have not dealt with. There was some discussion regarding the truth and honesty element - should we turn the other cheek to keep the peace - but if this conceals our true views on a situation then it could be false, and therefore sinful.

God bless

No comments: